Tuesday, September 28, 2010

August 20, 2010

Here it is after lunch on Friday, and I am exhausted, frustrated, sad and heartbroken. No word from Debbie or Chuck regarding what is going on with Linda, or whether she is still all alone down there in Indianapolis. I am still unable to get through to her. I have no idea how the doctors, nurses and therapists at Indiana University Hospital may be torturing her or trying to bribe her to forget all about all the hurts they have done to her. I have no information about if or when she will be transferred up here to a place closer to home, or when I will ever be able to see her again.
I have been working with Richard Rosenbaum over the last couple days putting the financial arrangements in place for him as Linda’s power of attorney for financial matters. All I want is to get her back home healthy, but right now it feels like more and more people are getting between us and deciding for Linda whether or not she should ever come home to me. I wish I could at least speak to her to find out how she feels about all this.
The information I do have tells me she is learning how to talk with the Passy Muir valve very quickly, so she should be able to tell me how she feels for herself. If she has any reservations or mistrust about the things I have done and tried to do for her over the last three months I wish she would tell me. I have received a lot of mixed reaction from friends and particularly from Linda’s sister Debbie to some of the things that happened, and I know Debbie blames me for all the bad stuff that Linda has gone through. I can only say in my defense that I was down there with her 24 hours a day 7 days a week for three months through it all when no one else made nearly the same level of effort to be with her. I told everyone we know what was going on, good and bad, nearly every day. Nobody indicated any ill will or mistrust of me until the Hospital staff started spreading the rumor that I was trying to kill Linda for the life insurance money, and decided to evict me from the hospital and have me thrown in jail.
In spite of all the resentment and ill will fomented by Linda’s doctors because I sometimes disagreed with them about that to do or not do for her, I am still working tirelessly to get her home. It just breaks my heart that no one who has information about Linda’s condition or situation will tell me what is going on with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment