Tuesday, September 28, 2010

August 16, 2010

Debbie:

I understand how hard it has been for you the last week having no one to help you take care of Linda, whom we both love more than anyone. Her treatment at the hands of the hospital, doctors and nurses who have hurt her so badly and so many times over the last three months has been unforgivable, separating you from me and separating Linda from me, and trying to pit the two of us against each other regarding her care and treatment by accusing me of wanting her to die, to collect life insurance or whatever else they may have said to you my reasons would be. Thank God for Chuck who came to the aid of both of us in this most difficult time.

Please don't think I hate you or will never speak to you again. I never meant to hurt your feelings, and never believed you had anything but Linda's best interests at heart. I just think everyone misunderstands what it means to hold a health care power of attorney for someone you dearly love.

That doesn't matter now, though. I will help in any way I can without being there to get the Blue Cross/Blue Shield premiums paid on time. I certainly don't want Linda to lose the only chance she has to keep health insurance for the rest of her life. I'm sending the banking information I have to you and to Chuck as soon as I can get it written down, so you two, Richard and the hospital social workers can do whatever is necessary to get the premiums paid. Once I get my social security deposit, which won't come until August 26, I will contribute whatever I have towards those payments in the most efficient way possible. If it makes things easier, I will deposit a check from me into her account to bring her balance up to the amount needed to cover both payments, once the bank agrees to issue paper checks to Gary and Allied. Nothing else is more important financially to Linda or to me at the present time.

Chuck told me some things I didn't know yesterday, and I am so sorry you got caught up in the bullying actions of I U Hospital when you did. I know how hard it must have been for you last week, and I can only hope you understand how hard it was for me being in jail and completely out of touch with anyone for 36 hours because the hospital didn't like my challenging some of the things it was doing. The doctors and hospital are trying to intimidate me so I won't sue them, and they are writing down lies about me as part of their preparation for the defense of the lawsuit they know is coming. That doesn't matter right now, though. The important thing is for all of us who love Linda to help her get stronger, get well, and get out of that awful place. There is absolutely no reason for them to be holding her prisoner.

I will work with you, Chuck, Richard and even the hospital social workers to get Linda's insurance paid for on time. No one from the hospital will talk to me on the telephone, and all their fax machines block transmissions from me. I can't send then the information you will need so I am going to e-mail it directly to you and Chuck and you will have to go forward from there. If you need me to stay here a couple more days to carry something over to the bank from my fax machine, let me know and I will do that. I can also pick up any cashier's checks they would issue, and deliver them by hand where they are supposed to go. Maybe that is the best and safest way for me to help at this point in time.

Please believe I know none of this is your fault. I am so angry at what the hospital has done to Linda I can hardly see straight, but I do know your heart is pure and filled with nothing but love for your sister. Don't shut me out. Let me work with you to solve the problems one at a time and get Linda home as soon as we can so you and I and her other wonderful friends can take care of her the way she deserves to be cared for, instead of being browbeaten and held prisoner by doctors and a hospital who have done little but hurt her since the night she got her new liver. And, as I have done for you twice each day you could not be with Linda in person, please tell her I love her, miss her, and want to get her home, and give her a kiss for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment