Tuesday, September 28, 2010

August 17, 2010

Deb:

I'm working on this end to arrange Linda's transfer out of I U Hospital in Indianapolis to the only vent rehab LTACH in the Chicago area with no business connection to I U Hospital. The Kindred companies all have relationships with Clarian. Unfortunately at this juncture that will have to be the determining factor in making the choice of a place for Linda. No matter what I am able to arrange for her here, Deb, you will probably have to be at I U Hospital in Indianapolis in person to sign papers when they put her in a vent equipped ambulance to transfer her here. I don't dare try to be anywhere around when that part happens, and no one but the two of us has authority to sign for her - she should be permitted to sign for herself but I'm not confident I U Hospital will let that to happen.

Please don't let your concerns over the place in Hinsdale cause any delay in transferring her there. If it turns out she needs a different place once we get her out of Indiana, we can always move her again. This is the largest hospital of its kind in the US, and there must be a reason for that. Remember, Clarian recommended this place to us for Linda weeks ago, and Dr. Tector and Dr. Fridell said then she was ready to go there to be weaned off the vent better than I U Hospital was able to do for her, so they are already committed to the idea this is the proper move for Linda. When I spoke to RML a week ago they had a room for her, and they specifically said her suspected MRSA would not be an impediment to her transfer. We need to do this for her ASAP. Whatever blood levels Dr. Tector needs to be drawn to tweak the dosages of Linda's anti-rejection medicines can be drawn at RML and the results faxed to him so he can prescribe for Linda.

Linda is very sad to be all alone in her secret room down there in Indianapolis tonight, according to some of the folks who have seen her there. She needs first of all to be closer to home where more of us can stay with her and comfort her as she works to get off that vent.
  
I am at my wits end. I know this is terribly rough on all of you. We need to remember that Linda is having the roughest time of all, and we need to get her back home to the Chicago area before those people hurt her again.

Thanks to one and all for their help on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment